What does "Detox" mean?
DETOX. This word get thrown around a lot but what does it really mean and how do you know if you’re experiencing it?
To detox means to rid the body of unwanted toxins. Toxins such as heavy metals like mercury, aluminum, copper, lead, cadmium, arsenic, nickel. We are exposed to these heavy metals through pesticides, pharmaceutical drugs, environmental exposure, and they even get passed down through our bloodline (this is one of the things that actually causes symptoms that people associate with “bad genes” or genetic disorders). Another type of toxin are neurotoxins from viruses which are basically the viruses byproduct aka poops!
The way one experiences detox is unique to each person, their level of sensitivity, and their toxic load. For some people detox symptoms can be as simple as feeling more fatigued, but for others, it could mean feeling foggy, achy & flu-like, and experiencing headaches. Even further detox symptoms can include but are not limited to feeling anxious and frazzled and having changes in bowel movements. Detox doesn’t feel good sometimes because it irritates our nerves and if we are sensitive to chronic viral and bacterial caused illnesses it can be a difficult thing to go through. I don’t want this to scare you though and there are ways to ease the detox experience.
If you feel as if you are detoxing and want to slow it down and calm your nerves here are some tips!
1. Take b12 with adenosylcobalamin and methylcobalamin.
2. Magnesium - especially magnesium glycinate can help calm the nerves.
3. Eating more potatoes, squash, and avocado.
4. Drinking plenty of lemon/lime water to flush toxins out as quick as possible.
5. Connecting with whatever makes you feel calm and centered whether that is spending time in nature, prayer, meditation, journaling, being with loved ones, and laughter.
5. Make sure your pathways of elimination are open and that you get your lymphatic system pumping.
I hope that helps you understand detox a little better! I will be posting more on this topic as I think its so important to our individual health, collective health, and future generations health.
Need extra support and guidance with detoxing and regaining your health? Email me at email@example.com !